The Antenna Control System (ACU-2000 SDV1) is an intelligent and powerful control system which finds its applications in the earth stationed antenna control for satellite tracking purpose in manual and advanced auto track modes.
The function of the system is to control the antenna’s movement in azimuth, elevation and polarization, to track the satellites through various functional modes.
It continuously monitors and displays axis angles, beacon signal strength, the functional mode selected, and the universal time and it indicates errors like limits & interlocks.
The system offers manual and auto-track modes for tracking purpose viz. manual mode, position track mode, POL position track, insat program track mode, step track mode, memory track, acquire satellite mode, table track, optimal track and maintenance mode. It also enables the user to set the site related parameters through configuration option and add, delete and edit any number of satellites and advanced diagnostic features.
The control system performs numerous functions to accomplish locating and maintaining contact with a satellite. The following list entails the major functions provided by the control system.
- Simultaneous positioning modes for each axis of movement.
- Manual modes for maintenance operations.
- Status monitoring for detailed events.
- Fault monitoring for detailed problems
- Receive the signal strength processing and display
- Remote control and monitoring capability via M&C computer.
Modes of Operation:-
- Main Menus
- Stand by mode
- Configuration Menus
- System parameters
- General parameters
- Satellite parameters
- Station geographical parameters
- Position track
- INSAT program track
- Table track
- Memory track
- Step track
- Operation Menus
- Manual offset
- Position designate
- Preset position
- GEO preset
- Table track
- Step rack
- Memory track
- Optimal track
- Other Modes
- Maintenance mode
- Remote (M&C) mode
- Diagnostics Menu
- Hardware limit status
- Interlock status
- Beacon signal & Power supply voltage monitor
- ODU packet information
- Error log
Fundamental and Enhanced modes:-
Modes of operation are categorized as fundamental or enhanced.
Distinctive characteristics are:
- Enhanced modes are step track, memory track and optimal track modes. All other modes are fundamental.
- Fundamental modes operate independently.
- Enhanced modes operate in conjunction with fundamental modes.
- Execution of new fundamental mode will clear existing enhanced modes.
- Enhanced modes control the antenna until overriding condition occurs (i.e. loss of signal) by adding offsets to the fundamental mode.
- Offsets are developed while the enhanced nodes are active and they will remain active when an overriding condition occurs.
- CPU Card
- IO Card
- Interlock Card
- Power Supply +5V, ±15V & +12V DC
- Power Supply +24V DC
- EMI – Filter
- PWM Variable Frequency Inverter Drives
- Solid State Relays for polarization axes
- Protection circuits (MCB’s, Contactors)
- Emergency stop switch
- Circular Connectors
- Enclosure with Fan & Filter
- MPC-565 operating at 40MHz
- Internal FLASH -1MB
- Internal SRAM-32KB
- External EEPROM-1KB
- RS232 / RS422 Serial Interface.
- Address decoding generation in CPLD.
- Bus expansion for Input / Output card.
- The software is residing in FLASH. And the configuration data will be stored in EEPROM.